Discuss tiling on black bitumen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

A slurry coat mix of single part flexible tile adhesive and SBR or just using Mapei Eco prim grip are my recommendations.

Personally I would screw down 6mm backer board. Not much adheres to bitumen.

Chalker, this wouldn't solve any issues and surely there would be voids under the boards. Fitting backer boards is more time consuming, unnecessary and costly

Q

Qwerty

keraquick is a super adhesive but not to be used on bitumen, abrasive machine required to clean off all bitumen, then primer g. if floor not level use ultraplan renovation screed before tiling with keraquick.

Why do you say this tilerbarry? Keraquick is an ideal adhesive to use in a slurry coat with SBR. The discussion has been centred around slurry coats, not tiling straight onto the bitumen. I would advise you save your money and efforts in creating a smelly messy bitumen free floor and stick with the slurry coat or Eco prim

To stevie12345....... mix a slurry of keraquick and SBR. Just use SBR instead of water to a runny mix and roller on

You should mix the flexible adhesive directly into the sbr. I usually pour up to one inch in the bottom of the bucket (not too much) you can always mix more. Then add the flexible adhesive powder to a consitancy that you can brush around the floor easily. I would also suggest that as soon as the slurry is mixed pour it all out streight away, if you don't do this the sand in the powder will settle to the bottom of the bucket & you will end up just pouring out sbr! If you mix it too thin you can always throw dry powder on to the floor just brush it in until the powder is mixed. Cover the floor evenly.
Hope this helps.

Q

Qwerty

Here it is!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378745300.163265.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378745321.895189.jpg

And after all old surfaces removed and slurry coat down ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378745336.980664.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378745350.853681.jpg

Reply to tiling on black bitumen in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

So I may have done an oopsie. We are putting self-levelling compound down over floor where I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know how I can get hold of some discontinued Seramiksan Teos Black 33 x 33 tiles. I...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought a house dated around the 1920/30s and found black and white tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB