Discuss Tiling on bonding.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
You should really only go with what the manufacturers of adhesive being used and the plaster used. British Gypsum state it is not a suitable surface to directly tile on.
You dont usually hear of failures from tilers, well who would shout about it ??
The choice is yours.

That's true enough I guess. I wasn't saying that I was going to tile on bonding, just that people do... With so many people out there doing things incorrectly, it's practically impossible to compete on price.

C

celt

Plasterer by trade and i do this. Never once has it failed and i even done it on a few reveales in my own house i built 10 years ago and not one of them came loose. Its common practice for plasterers to put plasterbaord on with bonding, well it is anyway here in cork in ireland. Also worked on plenty jobs throughout the country and even foremen told us to do it. There is many ways to skim a cat

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Agree that plasterbord adhesive is better but you can get away with using bonding.

I can not understand the comparison here.... Bonding works, and plasterboard adhesive works.... Why therefore is plasteboard adhesive better?? They both work...

Reply to Tiling on bonding.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB