Currently reading:
tiling on ply

Discuss tiling on ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

hi kev

spf adhesive and make sure that floor is solid before tiling ie no deflection, suitable fixed/screwed etc
as above regarding using a decoupling membrane when tiling over a ufh, especially on ply.

heres a little vid clip thats been posted before..

it shows..
why you use a decoupling membrane
what substrate conditions it should be used on
and finally a demo of an installation. ie tips, adhesive and trowel etc

there are other brands such as dural and genesis, but this will give you a good basis to work from.

[video=youtube;f6FyWs2WZ1k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6FyWs2WZ1k[/video]

cheers
ed

A

Alberta Stone

That is strange.
I use PL premium and screws to bond the ply to the primary and the PL sticks so well that there is no need for priming (it is polyurethane based and sticks to wood tenaciously)....I use 1 large tube per sheet (approx).
I then use a 50/50 mix of the primer L from Mapei and pour it directly on the floor and spread with a roller.
This I let dry and it makes the top layer of veneer have a really good tight surface which flexible thinset bonds really well to. It keeps it from drying too fast and so your adjustment time is extended a wee bit.
I prime drywall with it as well.

Reply to tiling on ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.