Discuss Tiling on to uneven wall and breeze block in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

greenchris

Hi, sorry, I know this is a question asked a thousand times, but I can't find a clear enough answer that matches my particular situation. I think I'm good to go, but I wanted to make sure.

Walls to be tiled are red-brick which has been plastered (and tiled) before, there's a nice skim remaining under the old tiles so will tile on to that. However, behind/under the bath was NOT tiled, so the walls are a bit uneven. I'd say the maximum difference between the wall and the plaster is probably 5mm.

Tiles are ceramic 300x600 and quite thick/heavy and I've got Mapei Adesilex P9 if that's any use. I'm quite happy to tile on to this surface but I thought I'd check with the experts.

Also see the other image, above the window. This is breeze block so will slurry prime which will make up a little of the gap. Max depth is under 10mm, so probably under 5mm after the slurry. Am I good to go?

Thanks for your help!

BehindBath.jpg AboveWindow.jpg

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling on to uneven wall and breeze block in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve decided to re tile my bathroom walls and floors due to the poor state they were in when...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB