Discuss Tiling on wet under floor heating in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

burncross

Hi, need a bit of advise for a up coming job.
It is a large kitchen floor, timber floor boards. Plumber has installed warm water under floor heating that works off the boiler. Plastic pipe that fits into a insulation board with a foil top, which is screwed to the floor. My concern is the insulation board is like a polysterene type material.
So my questions are, what is the best material and thickness to overboard this with? 6mm backer board or 12mm ply?
and what adhesive, BAL fastflex?
thanks

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling on wet under floor heating in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB