UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling onto aquapanel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

neilw

Hello,
Sorry, I've registered but am a bit impatient waiting for the email to finish my registration :)

I am tiling using knauf Aquapanel for the first time. They recommend a flexible cement based adhesive. What I normally use for bathrooms is Sovereign Gold (a styrene based polymer apparently!).

Has anyone tried this and know whether it is ok? I'd rather not use cement based as it's a pain to put on a wall and I'll have to back the tiles, etc.

I rang sovereign and while they haven't tested it they say Gold works on tile backer boards, which I guess is roughly the same thing given that's a fibreglass and cement construction.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto aquapanel in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi, just after some advice if anyone can help. I’ve just poured the floor on my extension at...
Replies
Views
Our ground floor construction is a mesh reinforced structural concrete floor that was poured...
Replies
Views
Hi. My daughter is having a walk in shower fitted by builders. I am concerned because most of...
Replies
Views
Notts_Rob66
N

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.