UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiling onto hardboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

l sharp

Hi all i'm new to all this and need some advice from people in the know :) I have purchased some beautiful high quality porcelain floor tiles and have 2 different surfaces to tile onto. The first is chipboard flooring the second in hardboard glued very well onto concrete. Can i tile onto hardboard? Should I put plywood over the top of the hardboard prior to laying the tiles? I have also uncovered a manhole cover. None of this has phased me but just wanted some advice. Thanks lisa

M

mattle40

And then on top of the durabase you use more flexible tile adhesive to secure the tiles?

Yes that's right, it's hard to explain unless you have seen the product but they have lots of voids on the surface of the Matt which need to be completely filled with adhesive with the flat side of the trowel then Combe more adhesive on the surface with your 10-12mm notch

The adhesive doesn't actually stick to the membrane, it locks into these voids so it's very important that they are filled properly

Reply to tiling onto hardboard? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 45m2 of 1.2 x 1.2 Mirage 9mm floor tiles to lay. Never done this size before. I’m...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.