Discuss Tiling onto hardboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Paul Cockhill

Hello

I would be grateful for advice. I have done a fair amount of tiling but I am a plumber by trade. I have been asked to fix some plumbing in a small WC room at a hairdressers and then tile the walls. The pipes are boxed in with a flimsy hardboard which I think I will have to rebatten down to strenthen it or replace it all together with plywood or plasterboard.

I just wondered what the current thinking was?
Is it worth tiling onto hardboard or would it be best to replace with ply or hardboard?
And which adhesive would you recommend, I usually use Bal green or white star

I have attached some pictures which I hope will be useful

Many thanks

Paul

Attachments

• Mr and Mrs Carr 001.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Mr and Mrs Carr 002.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 43
  • Mr and Mrs Carr 003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Mr and Mrs Carr 005.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Mr and Mrs Carr 006.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 39
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto hardboard in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB