Discuss Tiling onto new plaster skim in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

RDTiling

Hello folks.

How long should I leave a 4mm plaster skim to fully dry before tiling?

I've told the customer a minimum of 4 weeks, but the plasterer has told customer it will be 'good to go' in 2 to 3 days.

Naturally customer is questioning why there is such a difference in our timescales.

Is there a mid way compromise on the drying time or do I stick to the 4 week timeframe?

Thanks,
Rich

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto new plaster skim in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
We are having some issues with our newly laid tiles. Within several weeks of being laid, we...
Replies
Views
David John
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB