Discuss Tiling onto wooden bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Shoggers

Hi all - I'm new here.

Been reading the forum all morning picking up tips for tiling my bathroom.

I previously tiled my other bathroom walls, floor to ceiling in travertine and had no major problems, however I've never tiled a floor before.

My floor is an upstairs bathroom floor in a fairly old house. I have ripped up all the old floorboards and replaced with new 18mm thick chipboard. I have screwed this down at close intervals and its nice and flat and pretty solid.

My question is - do i need to board over the top of this with ply?

I am going to be laying 40x40cm 10mm thick slate tiles.
The bathroom is a strange shape - 1.2m wide x 4.5m long (3 tiles wide).

Any other suggestions that might make my life easier would also be appreciated.

Cheers

Ian.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling onto wooden bathroom floor in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB