Discuss Tiling over tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cyclonebri1

Ok, haven't done a search and I know a similar query will have been posted but can someone advise the best adhesive to use for tiling over glazed tiles with marble tiles on a bathroom wall.
I rendered the "new" wall with sand cement in prep for tiling 15 years ago. All the surface is sound and very flat, for once I made a decent job of the wall and tiling.

Any advice welcomed, cheers:thumbsup:

C

cyclonebri1

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Well, the tiles were "glued" in place with an industrial epoxy, perks of the then job. Believe me this will not come off without the render, hence my reluctance to attempt to remove it :lol:

Yes I was a little industrial in my doings back then, but when it's free:thumbsup:

Normally I would automatically remove the old tiles and steam or even replaster, but in this case it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cyclonebri1

13 x 8 approx, abount 7 mm if I recall

The plot thickens however and swmbo has decreed a new bathroom suite is required:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:, if that is the case then I will strip the lot, which I know is the correct way, but........................

So further to that B&Q have some porcelain mottled marble like tiles on offer. 600 x 600 x 10. Windsor is the range. They don't appear online but they have thewm at our local store.

Now I know B&Q aren't flavour of the month here but has anyone used these?, at £13.98 they appear to be a real bargain. Add to that the wife works for them and on certain days, next Friday being one, she gets 30% discount:prrr:

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cyclonebri1

Ok, things have moved on but I'll continue in this thread.
I now have the porcelain 60cm x 60cm x 10mm tiles.
Given that I'm likely to have no option but to take this wall back down to the blockwork, what's the recomendation given that I have the tiles to hand. IE, rerender in sand cement, plaster and skim or is it possible to tile direct to the blockwork with some form of thickbed adhesive?

The wall is 100% true to within a couple of mms, the blocks probably being more flat than the existing render.

Best advice and adhesive recomendations anyone.:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling over tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi - looking for a bit of advice if anyone has experienced this. Hands up I am completely...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys i’m going to be tiling over skimmed plaster walls in a kitchen for first time. (first...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tiling over tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.