UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling patio? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rh.321

Hi all.
This is my first post. I'll try and keep it short.
I'm tiling my patio (60m) with Porcelain tiles and could do with some advise.
The patio construction is as below. I'm up to concrete stage.
  • 150mm hardcore
  • 150mm concrete (reinforced)
  • Liquid DPM
  • 65mm cement screed
  • Bal primer
  • Ditra mat
  • Tile (Porcelain retified)
  • Bal floor Epoxy
The question is.
  1. What adhesive should i use to stick the Ditra and tile down with. I've was going to use Bal Goldstar but after taking to Bal technical they recommended i use Rapidset Flexible. Thats ok but the price is a lot higher than Gold star.
  2. As the screed is green, should i use Bal Green Screed to stick the Ditra mat? One of the advantages of using the Ditra was not having to wait 30 days for the screed to fully dry out. (not easy to keep the screed dry in the garden)
Thanks for any advise you can give. I've done quite a lot of tiling including my kitchen floor thats was 45 square metres but i'm no expert.
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob:8:

T

True Tiling

Hi rh, I am a tiler with over 7 years experience, and I have an almost exactly the same project as yourself, which I am undertaking on Monday. I have opted to self-level the 50sqm+ patio area with 20 (25Kg) bags of Ardex K301 exterior levelling compound and trowel it out/spike roller to take out the </=6mm differences in height. I found that this is a more cost-effective way (still£ 800 in materials), but requires skills...

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling patio? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.