Discuss Tiling preparation for bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

c2jimi

I am about to get my bathroom refurbished and have a few questions with regard to tiling:
1. The bathroom currently has a chipboard floor and carpet over the top. I am getting tiles put down and my fitter has suggested putting tile backer board over the top of the chipboard and tiles on top if I understand correctly. Does this seem reasonable or would you expect the chipboard to be replaced? He did also mention that caber floor board overlaid with tile backer board is the preferred method as it gives better protection to water ingress.
2. I am thinking of getting the tiles from porcelerosa as they seem good quality. A lot of the ones I am looking at are ceramic as opposed to porcelain. Is ceramic inferior, especially for the floor, in any way compared to porcelain or fine for a typical bathroom? I like travertine, but want a zero maintenance solution.

For info, there won't be a high pressure shower in this bathroom, just a handshower. but I want to make sure the preparation is up to standard, etc.

Thanks, Jimmy.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling preparation for bathroom in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi I have ordered the Wunda Rapid Response underfloor heating for my kitchen. We were going...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB