Discuss Tiling Problem?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

Laini B

Hi there,

Hoping someone can help. Currently, getting an en-suite tiled in a new build house. Managed to save up and buy the tiles I really wanted which cost a few pennies, They are a mosaic type tile. The resulting work looks pretty poor to me and is not at all what I was hoping for.

The problem is that having seen the tiles up in the showroom and in a restaurant-in these places it is extremely difficult to see where the tiles join, which was the look I was going for. I don't know if I am being too critical but i am so disappointed with how it currently looks that I wish I had not spent the money on such expensive tiles. As the house is relatively new we do not have issues with particularly uneven walls. All our others walls have tiled without problem.

I feel that the tiler rushed the job and has made a bad job of it. I have uploaded some pictures as if this is the case I would like the tiler to redo the tiles. Also, if you could give me some info about what he has done wrong as I would like to be able to show that I have some idea about what I'm talking about.

He has also removed the window vents and tiled them in. Is it unreasonable for me to ask him to put these back in?

Do I have cause to be disappointed with the job?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Lorraine

Attachments

• IMG_1208.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1207.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1206.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1201.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1199.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 155
B

bugs183

Hi Lorraine.
Oh dear, such a shame about your job. These kids of tiles can be a bit of a pig to fix.
So before we shoot the tiler can you get some of the tiles that havn't been fixed. Place them with the front faces together, have a look if you can see a gap, if you can the tiles are bowed.
It looks to me like a combination of fixer error and/or bowed tiles. If they are bowed your tiler really should have stopped and let you know, if they aren't bowed the tiler should have stopped in bed.

nybor62

TF
rotherham
that is some of the worst mosaic tiling i have seen, obviously your tiler has no experience with mosaics,

needs redoing ,the prob is they wont come of in full sheets ,and even if they did would be a mare to get right again

i would love to know what he was charging you , but we cant discuss pricing in open forum ,

has your tiler offered to put it right at his expense , hope you aint paid him yet ,

B

Bubblecraft

that is some of the worst mosaic tiling i have seen, obviously your tiler has no experience with mosaics,

needs redoing ,the prob is they wont come of in full sheets ,and even if they did would be a mare to get right again

i would love to know what he was charging you , but we cant discuss pricing in open forum ,

has your tiler offered to put it right at his expense , hope you aint paid him yet ,

The funny thing is, they are not even mosaics. Look in the carcass in the last picture & the broken tile THATS FITTED above it. It's a solid tile!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
It's not all bad though.....pic three has a good joint in the second row under the window.....

I wonder if this tiler is a four dayer..... Or a plumber...

That's the joint I noticed as well Alan, looks like the only good one. It certainly cannot be repaired, needs taking out and re-tiling IMO.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
As soon as I saw the cheapo 'No Nonsense' silicone I was dismayed. professionals don't use that, its horrible stuff and turns black. Use Dow Corning or Mapei for a quality install.

Speedfit pipes are okay I suppose but not into chrome rad valves, I'd have used chrome plated copper pipe and soldered fittings.

Downlighters will make the tile lippage worse if fitted. I'd give him 0.5 out of ten for turning up.

Reply to Tiling Problem?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi all, would like some advice. I'm currently tiling an ensuite. I'm using 60 x 30 tiles. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB