Discuss Tiling Problem?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
As soon as I saw the cheapo 'No Nonsense' silicone I was dismayed. professionals don't use that, its horrible stuff and turns black. Use Dow Corning or Mapei for a quality install.

Speedfit pipes are okay I suppose but not into chrome rad valves, I'd have used chrome plated copper pipe and soldered fittings.

Downlighters will make the tile lippage worse if fitted. I'd give him 0.5 out of ten for turning up.

no amount of downlighters will make this look worse,my 1st year apprentice would make a better job

Not good at all.
I've seen these tiles in shops but never fitted them, no doubt they look the bizz when done right.

I think folk do 1 or 2 jobs with 6x6 whites then think they're amazing, and then start doing all the fancy stuff - and obviously struggle.

Not that we really need to know any prices like, but I'd bet he charged a hefty price & then chucked them on in a day or two.

OP - Have we phoned the tiler yet??

J

johnryan

did some similar to those but different colour; queens ave en suite 24.jpg
these are a bit bigger but the same thing. cant see how they have so many lips on yours. maybe you got a bad batch and the tiler didn't let you know and set them all the same. some of them look like they're bowed . has he come back round to see it yet? would be interesting to hear what he has to say about it.

W

White Room

did some similar to those but different colour; View attachment 47179
these are a bit bigger but the same thing. cant see how they have so many lips on yours. maybe you got a bad batch and the tiler didn't let you know and set them all the same. some of them look like they're bowed . has he come back round to see it yet? would be interesting to hear what he has to say about it.

Then you stop fixing the tiles if you find a problem....

J

johnryan

i agree totally, not trying to remove blame from the tiler, just wondering what he was thinking, and would be interested to his explanation when he returns to rectify the bad work. cant see how he made such a mess of a relatively simple job either.
just as an afterthought, you should check what adhesive he used as if it was tubbed you may be able to remove the tiles without damaging them. cant imagine with work like that that they'll be properly adhered to the substrate. if they come off easily you can then soak them in buckets of water and they should clean up nicely.

Read more: http://www.tilersforums.com/tiling-forum/63983-tiling-problem-3.html#ixzz2DelZzpk1

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling Problem?? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi all, would like some advice. I'm currently tiling an ensuite. I'm using 60 x 30 tiles. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB