Discuss Tiling rates in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

nipper76

just wounderd what guys are charging for

laying Ditra mat
Stone tiles normal size ie 30x60 /40/60
stone tiles 60x90

wall tiling just interested as there seems to be a wide range in prices form £xxxpm to as much as £xxxpm fo standard stone tiling ie 30x60 /40x60 labour only with two coats of sealer! i personaly struggle to get any where naer the £xxxpm prices!
just interesting to know?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JMW

As you are doing the work its possibly adviseable to charge what you think its worth. If your cheap they'll bite your hand off, if your expensive they'll tell you or they will just ask someone else. There isnt a set price for any particular product, if you have to do the work, you charge what you need to do the best job you can and make some money on top also. Remember the customer cares more about the finished product than the price, although there are exceptions, as you cant please everybody. Go with your gut if you can do it for £xxxxM2 and are happy to do so then do it, if not decide what you can do it for and stick with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mikethetile

asking other people what to charge is the quickest way to work for nothing, every busines is different

I work my rates out on a 40 week year, get a pen and paper and list every expense that you have to pay wether you work or not, so thats all your insurances etc, thats your fixed costs for the year. divide that by 52 ,that is what it costs you per week not to work

tot up what it costs you in fuel etc to go to work and thats your variable costs, add your ffirst figure and you have your breakeven for the year, I divide by 40 as it allows me time between jobs plus holidays. thats your breakeven per week

now decide what is a reasonable wage for a professional in your area to be paid and add it on to your breakeven, thats the annual figure your looking at, work that backwards and you will get your hourly rate

yes you can charge that and yes people will pay it, but not everyone, and those that wont you leave to the tradesmen that are undervaluing theirtime, they can lose money not you. leaving you free to pick up the properly priced work, believe me there are more people prepared to pay a decent tradesmen to come in and do a decent job that there are messers, in fact the public are crying out for it

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling rates in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? I know this is a hard...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-rates-per-square-meter-per-day-how-much-do-tilers-cha...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Tiling rates
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.