Discuss Tiling software in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

There have been a few comments on such products in the past on the forums but can you see it being of any benefit to you as a tiler?,

What features would you expect of such products?

Do you think that if you could give a client an idea of how, Lets say a hallway floor would look tiled in a tile straight bond or diamond or even halfbond would look at your quoting stage it would help clinch a job ? Or maybe giving them a print out of the drawing could be a bad idea as they then have the idea and could go elsewhere with your design.

My thoughts on such items of software has always been that it would be down to you when at the planning stage to make sure every measurement of a room is mm perfect, otherwise it wouldnt work out to be accurate.
Also the ability to take a photo of a tile being used and use that in the drawing rather than just square lines to represnt the tile.

I would think that if you had a quote accepted and you before you started fixing you gave the client a few drawings of different set outs then it would show them that you are thinking and care about the overall look of the job.

Any thoughts and does anyone use such software on a regular basis ?

G

Gazzer

As for the laptop idea, I dont think that would work. As when I quote , I leave with the measurements and type quote up and then deliver the quote ASAP. So in that time I think I would knock a few idea together and on the quote say that I had created some visualisation of how the jobe would look and some options they may like to consider. They would only see these when I secure the job.

G

Gazzer

well it really depends who you dealing with...with some customers(who look/PAY for quality service) it would be worth to do
quick presentation, ...completely useless with budget customers..

Maybe so, not really sure. Not really sure how quick it would be do operate the software in a clients house/workplace. i know I prefer to have quiet when doing stuff on the PC.

S

Stewart

I would use the same design software as the likes of Porcelanosa, Vidaco and other high end suppliers use, but that would very costly and to have a copy with a live pass code without paying for the subscription costs would be a bit naughty........

It has over 1000 actual tile designs from most of the leading suppliers and is a great piece of kit, with virtual 3d walk throughs for customers.

B

BoldreChris

I use CAD software (AutoCAD LT) on some jobs but really only for my benefit. It helps me to sort out actual areas and tile layouts so I'm more prepared when I arrive on site. Sometimes customers get to see it and even though it's only line drawing, they are always impressed but not sure it would win me any extra jobs.

I think customers would like to preview the finished room - not just the tiling - and that would help them choose the right tiles but software advanced enough to show that realistically would be seriously expensive and probably complicated to use too.

P

Pebbs

I think I'm a bit diff, as we have to do drawings for every job and everything has to be signed off before we can start. Make no mistake its a long and tedious chore doing drawings, and fact is if its a new build, the drawings have to be all adjusted again. If youve got the job, then yes I think your clients would love drawings, but if your in the quote stage, they can take the drawings and give them to someone else to do. On smaller jobs take your paper and pencils out and do them a rough sketch, honestly its not difficult once you get into the swing of it.

Lynn

Reply to Tiling software in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling software
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.