Discuss tiling straight onto brick? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

claneath

hello everyone. I am glad to be here! :smilewinkgrin:
Can anyone tell me whether it's feasible to use large ceramic tiles on brickwork? We started to remove things from a bathroom in order to tile it and large amounts of plaster came away. Seems it is all blown and has to be removed. Is there any way I can save time and money by taking off plaster, sanding bricks down, then sealing them to take tiles? My handy-man said this can be done, but he's no plasterer!!

Kind regards

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling straight onto brick? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hello I need to rip out and refit my bathroom, including retiling a bath area which will have a...
Replies
Views
Hello! I’m hoping I can get some advice on what to do in my kitchen RE wanting to replace the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Going to be tiling inside my shower tray 1200 x 700. Using 1200 x 600 tiles. The 1200...
Replies
Views
Philipio
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
tiling straight onto brick?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.