Discuss Tiling top of window with air vent in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Batt284

Hi All,

I am planning how to tile around my window, but the vent at the top is causing me a bit of a headache. It is too smaller gap to be able to slide a tile in behind. Tiling right up to the vent would prevent it opening (it slides accoss and out). Have any of you tiled around one of these before? There is a Roman style blind going up (you can see the 2 fixings) so I guess it could hide the edge of the tiles. Just want to get it right!
IMG_0424.jpg

D

Deleted member 9966

hi Batt284

my windows in my house have the same kind of vent systems in the frames. you should find that these things simply screw into the plastic window frame. there must be a way of knocking the end caps off that are hiding the screws. as soon as you have uncovered the screws, you should just be able to unscrew it and take it off. we did this in my bathroom last year as we tiled all the way round inside the window reveal. unfortunately, the thickness of the tile was slightly too much to allow the vent back on in it's original place, so we simply screwed it back on but lower down the frame by 1-2mm.

so in short, you should be able to find screw caps which cover the screws that fix it to the frame.

hope this helps
GRR

Reply to Tiling top of window with air vent in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

WHOLE BATHROOM REFIT - ALL WALL FULL HEIGHT TILING AND TILED WINDOW LEDGES. ONE SMALL WINDOW &...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have some small format ceramic tiles (10x10x1cm) to use as a splash back around the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Planning on tiling with a "border tile" along the top. It's an inset area with a sink, 2...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling top of window with air vent
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.