UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tiling under shower base in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

prc1963

I would not recommend putting it on the tiles, it has no screw holes to fix it down, silicone will not hold it fast and tile adhesive is unsuitable, what if you have a leak in the future?

Are you wanting to fix it to the tiles purely to avoid curved cuts?

Yes I would like to avoid curved cuts (as this is my first tiling job) and also not have the problem of having a different floor level, the granite tiles I am using will be sitting on wickes aquapanel that is on top of existing chipboard flooring.

Thanks for help

S

Scott

Shower trays are normally bedded on sand cement either straight to floor or ply on timber upstand.

Some of the newer low profile trays can be fixed with silicone as they are acrylic capped resin (not stone resin tho). The website doesnt state the material of this tray so you will be limited to manufacturers installation instructions. However depending on their details it could make a difference if it will stick to the tiles

G

Gazebo

Have you got the wickes aquapanel 12mm wall board (heavy grey cement board)
Or have you got the wickes aquapanel floor INSULATION board which is 9mm or 10mm and made from a cement foam sandwich.???

If you have got the later then it is primarily used for concrete floors where ufh heating systems are to be fitted.

It will not add any structural integrity to the chipboard floor. neither will the wall board.

you might want to change the board to hardibacker or no more ply. (aslong as the floor has no deflection that is.

Cheers and good luck.

Gary

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tiling under shower base in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have a shower tray installed and it is sitting away from the wall. I am going to...
Replies
Views
Hi, first timers here... I am tiling my bathrooms and prefer the look & neatness of tiling...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.