Discuss tiling worst week ever in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rubi man

Hi gys just a quick rant to vent my anger!!
and ask for your help (wet room guys)
After a long 3 months trying to get some one to fix our tiling that had blown off the wall round the shower.
We had the company back that built the block to fix the problems. A muilti trades guy come and fix it and see what caused the problem in the first place to pass the blame on.
any way after stripping back the tiles it was clear water was getting round the mixer causing the tiles to fail and plaster board facing the wrong way brown side out and 20 cups of tea later.
its all striped back now and cleaned up ready for new studding and board work after pocking a hole in the ceiling and riping all the the vinyl wet room flooring ((DAY 1))
Next day he returns to stud it out and re board ready to tile.he starts to re stud the frame work with what looks like roofing batten.
and 12mm ply I think over the stud work messing about with the mixer and shower head for over 2 hours.
then fitting tile board (iv never seen this type of tile board before only seen tile backer and aqua board NOT taking any of the ply or tile board too the floor and drinking us out of tea and milk.
Asking to use my scrim tape for the joints and only putting in about 10 screws the lot not checking the depth of the tile bead/trim on the side. That will goven the depth to stud board and tile to a finished trim the tile board now sitting flush with the trim soo there's tile addy and tiles still to come.
this is ((DAY 2))

back agen to tile and drink more tea he screws the tile trin to the board and leaves the vinyl flapping starts to tile not even checking the levels and the trim meeting in the corner.
no marking out or anything anyway let hi crack on more cups of tea first line of tiles in now he can see the tiles are liping the trim, more tea to think about it some more He carry's on tiling and says he will get a big plastic trim to silicone over the top to cver the corner.
I left him to crack on as i just wanted it done now and get him out my home tiling done off he go's for the day (DAY 3)
Now im sitting on the toilet taking care of business that night THUMP tile fulls on the floor soo i jump up and stick it back on for the guy so its all ready to grout in the morning.
Next day he is out in the van waiting for me to get back for the school run I come back to find him still in the van (are you coming in ill put the kettle on)
No iv been told to wait here I cant come in yet (but can you please pass me my tools out)
Soo I did no worrys he said he will be in soon!!!!!!

my wife had been on the phone too the main contractors that employ him to tell them the boss needs to come and see the works before its all covered up.
anyway no one comes in for over an hour we call the housing firm that rent the property and see whats going on.
The guy had told his boss that its an unsafe work place and we had. falling out and he refused to come back and finish it soo this is ((DAY 4)) with out a working shower
the vinyl guys turns up to weld the joints and do his thing. but the guy has brought out the tiking to far and not taken the board too the floor soo the guy and re weld the joints and get it all water tight agen.
Long day on the phone calling office after office to see whats going on as its now 4 days with out a working shower or wet room to have a shower.
thay sent a guy out too look at it and take pics to tell us that thay cant do anything till Monday anyway. he dont know if there going to just grout it up and fit the shower and tape over the vinyl for now till thay can sort it all out and get it done agen or there going to rip it all out agen and start from scratch next week
soo its day 5 Now and counting no shower lucky we have good mates over the landing thats letting us use there bath till its fixed...
its a total mess up from the start he cut him self on a tile and left the blood on the wall im not cleaning it!!!
there rubbish in the room tiles and tile addy boards all stacked up in the corner and and drain full of crap as he didn't even bother with dust sheets.
im soo happy cant you tell!!!!!
here is some pics to help you see what is going on

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiling worst week ever in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm currently prepping a shower for tiling. One wall has been built out for the shower...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB