Discuss Tiling's getting harder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I'm fairly new to the trade and think I do a good job but I seem to be too slow, I also wonder if I'm too fussy over lippage but with tiles like this I think you really have to be,

I'm begining to wonder if I'll ever speed up :thumbsdown:,...............did anyone else think this when they first started

speed will come with time......how many m2 of the 500x500 tiles were you fixing per day?

S

SRFredrick

every trade moans about the one that goes before. Plasterers moan about chippies setting floor joists for the floor boards and not the ceiling, sparkies moan about plasterers filling in back boxes, plasterers moan about brickies not building walls square and so it goes on.

The more I learn about tiling the more I realise that it is important to be able to plaster well to be able to flatten surfaces prior to tiling. At least that is one thing I can do already. Just need to learn the tiling bit now!

4x4

Hi everyone thanks for all the advice, just got in from the said job, I'm relaying a kitchen floor in exactly the same tiles as before, as customer took the floor up because they had a flood and were never happy with the previous job anyway, she said the last tiler had done the job in 2 days, well I'm still about 2 or 3 days days away from finishing :yikes: , its diamond pattern by the way and its sure throwing up some interesting shape cuts in certain places! anyway the customer said today that they can't believe how much better the tiling looks already :smilewinkgrin: I said thanks very much and apoligised for being a bit slow but they and thanked me for taking my time and producing a good job !!!.........but of course I still need to get quicker :thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

Hi everyone thanks for all the advice, just got in from the said job, I'm relaying a kitchen floor in exactly the same tiles as before, as customer took the floor up because they had a flood and were never happy with the previous job anyway, she said the last tiler had done the job in 2 days, well I'm still about 2 or 3 days days away from finishing :yikes: , its diamond pattern by the way and its sure throwing up some interesting shape cuts in certain places! anyway the customer said today that they can't believe how much better the tiling looks already :smilewinkgrin: I said thanks very much and apoligised for being a bit slow but they and thanked me for taking my time and producing a good job !!!.........but of course I still need to get quicker :thumbsup:
I've been saying that or nearly 30 years now!,don't worry about it. There's far more satisfaction in a job well done than a job done fast:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling's getting harder in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, as a novice, I need some advice. Our landscapers have been doing a fantastic job so far...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Tiling's getting harder
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.