UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Time for a new phone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
just got my galaxy a few days ago.mrs has i phone 4,almost the same in look/size.so far so good,i like it.i tend to text more than phone and i like the text drag option (just move your finger over the letters from one to another.rather than tap each one).good camera too.

I have that on my Motorola Defy, its called swype, where you just leave your finger on screen and move between letters, easier than pressing each letter.

S

Stewart

If you're on a budget then I guess you could settle for the galaxy....... But IMHO, they pale into insignificance compared to the iPhone 4s! I've played with all of these phones and witnessed several side by side tests. The ease of use and the sheer functionality that works, makes the iPhone The best smart phone and leaves all of these plastic contenders in it's wake......

Even though I'm a self confessed Mac freek, if a better, slicker and more functional phone came out, then I would buy it, no matter what the make as I love my tech. Though that will probably be the iPhone 5 in September.....(;0)

Ps.. Sorry for rambling, I'm in my second bottle of Shiraz.

Created on iPhone.....

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
What about fragility of the iPhones. Mates who are in the trade are always having to claim cos the screen keeps breaking, when they drop them and so on. I have a Motorola Defy and it does what I need it to do. 18 mths on and not a single mark or scratch and its been kicked about a bit. Apparently it has gorilla glass?

P

Perry

I know a lad who had the Galaxy and he used to say it wiped the floor with the Iphone, his kept knacking and then he got the Iphone4... best phone he has ever had he reckons now.. i have to agree that they are and not prone to virus's like android phones can be..
My boy does tec for a living and he has apples but he changed from iphone to the s11 says they both have good points but staying with the s11

S

Stewart

What about fragility of the iPhones. Mates who are in the trade are always having to claim cos the screen keeps breaking, when they drop them and so on. I have a Motorola Defy and it does what I need it to do. 18 mths on and not a single mark or scratch and its been kicked about a bit. Apparently it has gorilla glass?

Only time I've damaged my iPhone is when I've dropped it into water. In 5 years of the iPhone being out, I've never broken abscreen, though I did drop my iPad in the garage and smashed it when it was a month old....!

Created on iPhone.....

P

Perry

Then don't bloody drop it then, but not as fragile as the galaxy. iPhone's have tough screens, I have dropped mine a couple times and all fine.

But it is what you want a phone for? , if it's just to make calls and text then get a normal phone, if you want hitech with super fast wifi. Then get an iphone4 series.
Yes Daz the boy had a case on his i phone he used to show clients by dropping it from head hight onto my sandstone floor all it done was bounced

U

user123

Doesn't really matter what we think though, it's what suits you. The Samsung galaxy is obviously a great gadget, and there is a new tablet phone coming out, I'll find out the name if you like, forgotten right now, neither Apple nor Samsung, if you wanted a tablet size even. The choices of what's out there is just staggering, so just do what makes you happy. And being careful with something so sophisiticated and expensive, well, that really should go without saying,too? You wouldn't go off road racing with a Jag, would you...

G

Gazzer

You wouldn't go off road racing with a Jag, would you...

Oh I dunno !
Jag.jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Only time I've damaged my iPhone is when I've dropped it into water. In 5 years of the iPhone being out, I've never broken abscreen, though I did drop my iPad in the garage and smashed it when it was a month old....!
Owwwww... a expensive drop that one!!!

Last edited:

Reply to Time for a new phone in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good evening to all. I’m here this evening looking for some advice if you would be so kind...
Replies
Views
G
Upgrade due next month, now do I stay with Android and Samsung or something else ? 200 minutes...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
P
We had a wet room installed about 8 months ago. The floor is tiled with large 60x60cm porcelain...
Replies
Views
it's that time again... maybe looking at I-phone 4S or Samsung galaxy S3 or the s3 mini...
Replies
Views
D
Ok, so i've been looking into creating a website, as we all know, how important our presence...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.