Discuss Time for some educating... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Had a phone call (2) of which I missed. Then I receive a text saying...

Do u want the boys to pva all the ply, if so 50/50 solution ok?

i rang back in a flash and explained a few things such as I never tile onto ply on a floor. The next thing shocked me as they said it was a wall!!! I then asked if it was a repair job. Yes was the reply and then it clicked for him, the reason the repair has occurred was due to the fact it was all done in ply!!! In a wet area. I'll not mention who it is but needless to say I will be sitting down and educating them tomorrow!!!

Dear me I didn't think I would come across this from this person!!!

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
The problem is this IMO. Ive seen though here the (possible) problems that could occur using pva,ply,chipboard etc. Ive lost work in the past because builders wont use "safer" products. Untill it becomes law or these builders have plenty of failures it is not going to change. As long as the vast majority of the "old" methods are still fit for purpose Im still going to be told " we have always used pva & ply/plasterboard in shower areas".

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Time for some educating... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
G
Hi guys, sorry for long post, just after a bit of advice regarding my first proper complaint...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
M
Some of you may remember I recently put up a request to identify some tiles that are on my...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB