Discuss Time to give a bit back.... Loft conversion at 365Drills home in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

So its time to give a bit back and we have just got cracking on a loft conversion at home.

Dsc_0203.jpg

I support the Get Britain Building website so I have a notice at the front waving the banner.
Its mostly to shut up the whining elderly neigbours who have so far objected to EVERYTHING.

But despite all the barriers we have worked our way round them and first blood goes to the scaffolders who did a sterling job.

Its baking hot. Its July 2013 and the heat is going to be a ***** to the install team. But we have started.

Wish I could tell you I am going for a mega bathroom but its only a tiny 1m wide by 4m long.

But I still want tiles... And so it will be tiled. Let the project begin and the bank loan be started!!

ffffff.jpg

PS: This is not a CSI CRIME SCENE.

It is in fact Mr & Mrs 365Drills in bed. For those in doubt I am the one on the left.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1779

OK so on the plus side since the last post I made things have been cracking on

aaa.jpg

The loft conversion has been done in 5 weeks. And we are left with this bathroom space 4m long and 1m wide with a roof slope.

The plasterers are up there right now and have been told NOT to plaster the bathroom walls - JUST THE CEILING.

I have ordered my tiles. 150 tiles [400mm x 220mm] at £3.50 each (£525). Plus I have asked for some adhesive, grout and a tanking kit for the shower.
Its got cement board in the cubicle 900mm square.

When the tiler comes I am going to do some filming and pictures of the hole cutting for the shower valve, waste pipe, radiator pipes, hot + cold to sink plus the smaller rawl plugs.

I will use that footage etc for the website and a bit of "show and tell" for the PORSADRILL brand.

Date of posting is Thursday 15th Aug 2013 so hopefully will be able to finish this post with a few before and after shots.

The only shame is the bathroom space is quite small and restricted but I always knew that would be the case. Will just have to see how the project (even if small) pans out.

Dsc_0053.jpg

PS: My tile choice (all identifying labels removed) I am going for the mostly cream look with a dark brown panel in the shower (one side only)

D

Deleted member 1779

Well I am not sure if forum rules mean I am allowed to say! (dont want to tread on any sponsors) But the other thing is I dont actually know !!

The "Deal" is with a tile shop that we supply 25 branches to. So I simply requested tiles, addy, grout, tanking kit and trims etc so that I could give a bit back to a client who buys a lot of PORSADRILL from us. I am not sure what the brand will be for the tanking kit. So I will just have to see what turns up.

I have to go to my closest branch in Enfield and they are going to put a package together for me.

I felt a bit guilty not buying the loo and sink from them but there was a cracking deal at the plumbers merchant we supply.

Dsc_0058.jpg

I got this end of line sink and cabinet local plumbers for £100 (with a TINY chip in the sink) which wont notice

Also with regard to the shower tray and screen I got them off ebay for £20 each from some very posh woman in Chigwell who had simply "Bought the wrong size"
I bid on them.... (not expecting to win) and won. Trip over in the van and hey ho its new tray and door. Change from a £50 note!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Time to give a bit back.... Loft conversion at 365Drills home in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Although I've been a member for a little while I have just started reading through different...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
P
I went to visit an old project earlier this week, which we completed a few years ago. In fact I...
Replies
Views
R
customize or die! i bought a klindex ufo on stone tec fairy.. it was a good price and i like...
Replies
Views
rainsco
R
P
Sorry for the absence lately, I went away for a break, and was pleased to be get back to be...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
O
Several days ago I was reading a thread on here asking what to do next. The prep had been done...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB