UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss tiny dent/scratch in chrome trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

hi,

wondering if anyone can help, been doing a bathroom with trims everywhere. window, 3 mosaic columns with vertical trims on either side etc. cleaning off today i've noticed a tiny blemish on one of the trims, looks like 2 slight dents/scratches next to each other. hadnt noticed it myself (i know i should haveI and to be honest you'd probably never notice it was there but it is visible when the light is on it at the right angle. It is so small you can't even feel it with your finger nail. 1st of three bathrooms in the same house the customer supplied all trims bundled together so could have happened anywhere but as its a good job with 2 more to follow in the same house i'm after any advice possible for buffing it out.

customers would rightly question why i'm having to remove a row of tiles to replace a trim and i dont want to have to do that if possible so am open to any advice. when i say tiny the blemish must be nomore than 1/2 mm square and looks like 2 tiny impacts caused it, not even a mm deep in the chrome finish. trims are brass 11mm trims from porcelanosa with chrome finish.

thanks

cheers guys, bugger indeed. may well go unnoticed but i'd not be happy with it so i'll take it out if no other option just wondering if anyone had any ideas. its still got its mirror look was thinking of having a try at buffing just with a duster maybe try and create enough heat to smooth it out. probably a long shot just dont want the customer wondering why on earth i'm removing a row of tiles and maybe losing a bit of faith

thanks for all replies, just an update, removed trim and tiles and replaced. customer asked why and i explained what i'd found. couldnt have thanked me more and said that although they hadnt seen it yet they would have checked everything as soon as i finished in detail and would have found it then so were happy with me for being honest and taking the time to fix it. then checked all other trims for other upcoming rooms and found 2 more with slight scuffs so they are well aware it wasn't my fault.

thanks for all your input

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
thanks for all replies, just an update, removed trim and tiles and replaced. customer asked why and i explained what i'd found. couldnt have thanked me more and said that although they hadnt seen it yet they would have checked everything as soon as i finished in detail and would have found it then so were happy with me for being honest and taking the time to fix it. then checked all other trims for other upcoming rooms and found 2 more with slight scuffs so they are well aware it wasn't my fault.

thanks for all your input

Doing that for the customer may get you future work if they recommend you. A couple of hours and a bit of trim later and your doing a friends full bathroom
££££. Going that extra mile will pay dividends long term, keep it up.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tiny dent/scratch in chrome trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Anyone ever used Schluter Jolly-MC tile trims? Over the last 3 months, I have been doing some...
Replies
Views
hi all finished a job over 3 weeks ago, got a call from company i subby to, theres a scratch on...
Replies
Views
D
Evening all.. Interested in people's methods of avoiding a protruding cut metro tile on an...
Replies
Views
damagetesf
D
R
Supplied and fitted a en suite shower room, finished it a fortnight ago but the customer still...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.