Discuss To all vauxhall vivaro..nissna primstar and renault trafic owners... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

AMtek

Re: To all vauxhall vivaro..nissna primstar and renault trafic owners.

It depends on how you look after your van.

I have seen all makes look like rust buckets after 8 yrs and then the same look like new when looked after.

Wash them you lazy gits :)

Hit the nail on the head there Dave, If they are well looked after early on the bodywork can stay clean for a long time but once the rust sets in its game over.

I have thought about what my vans look like but customers don't seem to care because we are all well presented, polite and keep our work area clean and the vans aren't complete rust buckets, just a bit tired round the edges

A

AMtek

trans1.jpg trans2.jpg

Q

Qwerty

See, that van to me looks tatty and unprofessional. That's not to say it is a true reflection on your skills or workmanship Amtek, but I personally would be embarrassed turning up to a customer in that and worried what they thought of me based on first impressions. No offence intended, and I do have OCD, but that just wouldn't do for me.

A

AMtek

See, that van to me looks tatty and unprofessional. That's not to say it is a true reflection on your skills or workmanship Amtek, but I personally would be embarrassed turning up to a customer in that and worried what they thought of me based on first impressions. No offence intended, and I do have OCD, but that just wouldn't do for me.

I can completely see where you're coming from, I just prefer to spend my money on the gear that's in it, that's what earns the money

A

AMtek

A nice van doesn't help you do your job any better, the right tools do. I quite often take the pee out of my vans to customers and no one has ever said that the stat of my van had any bearing on me getting a job or not but they quite often comment on how tidy they are inside. My vans aren't sign written either so customers only see them when I go to quote and after a few minutes they see that I am professional, well turned out and know what I'm talking about so what I drive doesn't matter much.

Am I convincing anyone yet? haha

I

ian158

I always think a good turned out van gives a good impression...I never forget seeing a plumber with what I can say was the worst van id seen on the outside...until I saw the inside..it was terrible..how he ever found anything in there was beyond me...as for his plumbing...ive yet to see better...and the soldered joints were to perfection....and look at gypsy vans..and their work..so really like you say your work is how it should be..but my van is always spotless.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to To all vauxhall vivaro..nissna primstar and renault trafic owners... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB