UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss To potential customers looking for a tiler. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Why oh why do you ring the day before you need your tiling done and expect the tiler to say , ye! no probs i can start tomorrow..

you know weeks in advance you are having your bathroom/kitchen etc fitted.. so RING a tiler and arrange that as well...:mad2:

Yet another NO!!!! i cannot start tomorrow or the day after... The clue is Plan ahead and then you will not be let down or end up with odd job bob doing your tiling and then naff it up and you will be very upset..:lol:

Rant! over..:smilewinkgrin:

radim

TF
Arms
I gave 4 jobs away today because they haven't planned them properly and have unrealistic schedules. There was a time when I would have made it work and slotted them in, but I'm married with 2 kids, 1 dog, love my time off and life's too short. Quite happy to let someone else stress about it.

Created on iPhone.....

this is deffo one of top ten quotes on this forum:hurray:

B

Bubblecraft

I get this a lot. Last year I had a couple who wanted a 4m slash back done. Came out & quoted & they were happy with the price. They said "that's great. You can start tomorrow?" Told them I've nothing free at all for a month so they called out a "Joe Bloggs" to tile tile it next day.

They told me later that he started at 9am & didn't leave until 9.30pm that night!!! This is the job he done -
5ada5c46-dcf5-3221.jpg

They then called me & booked me to re do it all a month later. They hated it so much that they changed the tile. I started at 8am & was finished just after lunch & that's removing his tiles & fixing the dodgy patch up he did of the walls. Here was the outcome -
5ada5c46-dd94-480f.jpg
5ada5c46-dda8-a116.jpg
5ada5c46-ddc0-a30a.jpg
5ada5c46-dde7-995d.jpg
5ada5c46-de01-cab8.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to To potential customers looking for a tiler. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
TilersForums.com has been online since 2006 and we've had many designs, even three forum...
Replies
Views
T
It’s in open forum so ‘mind your language ‘! On Monday last week I did something I’ve not done...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
A
Hello all I’m looking for any help I can get I really want to start a new career in tiling I...
Replies
Views
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.