Guest viewing is limited

Discuss to use or not to use expansion joints? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Hi everyone

I have just read all that stuff Dave posted on expansion joints and was wondering if you guys have encountered any domestic type situations requiring them.If so how do you make them aesthetically pleasing and how did you decide where to put them.I have never used expansion joints but would like to if it improves the job quality.

All help appreciated.

You can also use what is called a Cold expansion joint.. basicly it is a silicone joint and the same colour as the grout.. less obtrusive and ideal for domestic situations.

Reply to to use or not to use expansion joints? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi all So my tiler laid 125m2 and in the doorways and across the living room floor left the...
Replies
Views
Can I trouble some experts in here for some advice on laying pavers on a concrete pool surround...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, looking for advice. About to install a limestone floor. 900mm x 600mm x18mm on a 50mm...
Replies
Views
Limestone Expansion Joints I was wondering if some of you experts could offer some advice. I...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
to use or not to use expansion joints?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.