Discuss told to go home? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Abstract tiling

hi there, been on a new build school for the last 3 week now and it coming to the end of the job. so yesterday went to the store room where they keep all the tiles and addy etc. no tiles so told site agent right il get some for 2mz. he said do you just wanna do some grouting, i thought may aswell im on a day rate anyway as its all splashbacks and snagging. so turned up today no tiles he said they will be delivered 2mz. ok il just do some more grouting, goes to stores yep you guessed it no grout. went and told him and he just said well you may aswell go home then aint ya. think this guy has lost interest in the site in my opinion. just gonna ring him in the morning instead of going there to be turned away.

C

cornish_crofter

I remember when I was working on an hourly rate for a customer. He seemed to think I should be there every day. His attitude was that there must have been something I could do. One day I decided to save him a few quid. I explained to him that as the other builders were a bit behind it would be pretty pointless him paying me to turn up when I couldn't do anything. He was quite young. I think he appreciated my thinking of him.

Reply to told to go home? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views
New here and no knowledge of professional tiling! I had one installer do three new bathrooms. He...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
told to go home?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.