Discuss Too much UFH Left over? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

What is the maximum ufh wires that can be left over and hidden under a bath? Just on a job where there's around 2.5 mtrs left over and have been advised that I can just hide them under the bath? I know you can leave some under the bath but I would of thought 2 mtrs of rolled up ufh cables would be Dangerous ...:yikes:

Who measured up for the cable? That's a daft amount to have left over, you shouldn't be putting any under the bath, especially rolled up. It'll burn out for sure.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
It's a massive no no!

You can hide 2.5m of cable under the bath, only if you treat it like the rest of the floor and SLC or Adhesive it, then tile over it.

The heat needs to be dispersed else the cable gets too hot. Either ask an electrician, or fit a 1sqm cable to a fused spur and stat one time when you have time, and run it for a few hours then pick it up. Far too hot to be touching its self. Far too hot to not even be touching its self.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Too much UFH Left over? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB