UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Tool recommendations Thread in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

So a few weeks ago i bought a new Irwin EVO saw

20-irwin-universal-handsaw-1082.jpg

Which turned out to be the biggest pile of poo I have ever bought, nowhere near it's £14 price tag. So save yourself the heartache, I won't repeat where i'd like to insert this into the salesman.

But today i went in to a new tool supplier that has opened up near me and I found some pretty cool products along with some knowledgable and decent staff.

One of the things i bought today is a new saw out from Bahco, I can honestly say i've never felt a saw which feels so robust with exceptional build quality, what's more is that the blades are interchangeable!!! I can now have 6 or 7 saw types of saw that take up the space of just over 1. The handle is metal with a moulded rubber insert (Left and right handed version available) it's comfortable and has a reassuring heavy weight about it, as do the blades. The whole thing just feels like class. I bought two blades at £8 each and got a free handle, the guy says he'll do all future blades to me at £6.

Honestly I would recommend this saw to anyone.

[video=youtube;0PQ8Gv22Y-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQ8Gv22Y-Y&feature=related[/video]

Bahco – True professionals’ love for increasing their performance by its ergonomics and design

The other thing I came across is some ear defenders from Ryobi Tek4 range
ryobi-tek4-audio-plus-headphones.jpg

These beauties have in built amplifiers which means you can hear conversations even when wearing them but the moment a high frequency is detected (like a power tool) it will switch off and protect your ear drums!

It has a volume control which you can adjust, when i tried them out in the store I could clearly pick up a converstation from to guys chating some 20m away, better than when i wasn't wearing them!) It also has an auxiliary input which you can plug an MP3 player into.
Or as me and my mate where discussing a two way radio. We thought this would be perfert if there are two of you on site, say one using a wet cutter outside and another fixing, how good would it be that you could just give measurements without going backwards and forwards or say "Sorry mate can you do 3 of those instead of 2" etc. etc.

At £70 there aren't cheap but are very comfortable and work remarkably well.
Ryobi TEK4 :: Audio Plus

So there you go, two new tools i'd highly recommend:thumbsup:

Lastly if you're ever in Brighton I would also recommend the tool shop, I can see them stealing quite a bit of business from their rivals over the coming months
PR Tools & Fixings

C

Colour Republic

In the video.. He obviously doesn't know how to hold a saw..:)

I like the idea of the changeable blades..

To be honest Dave, the handle grip is so moulded to your hand that it gives you much greater control over the movement of the blade so in many ways you no longer need to control direction with your index finger, although you can do if you wish. It was one of the first things we noticed when we picked it up:thumbsup:

J

JLM Tiling

I dont even use saws that often but I might get one just because it looks so good! I'm a sucker for the tools too, just spent £600 online tonight buying some new stuff.

Gotta say since we're bigging up our kit at the mo my favourite recent purchase was a fugi silicone profiler. About a tenner and beautiful in it's simplicity, does the job. Used to use my finger for gunking up and hated it but now I've got the fugi I actually look forward to it!! Just bloody marvellous!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Tool recommendations Thread in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have a question about some cracked grout in my wet area shower, I've attached a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Matthew7
M

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.