Discuss tool rental in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

johnryan

thanks for the replies. as far as buying one, i do intend to get a large format cutter (1200mm) but thought if i can rent first i can get to try them out. that's why i was hoping to rent a sigma as i've never used one so when i do eventually get one i'll have some first hand experience of both rubi and sigma. it's quite a big expense £500+ so want to get it right. will probably get the tx1200 but heard so much about sigmas i'd love to give one a try.
and tiles on this job are 900x600 cam so not quite 1000mm but almost. they're certainly large format for me . only ever done 1200x600 once before and this size just a few times. got 900x600x20 marble here too, wish it was all stone i'm already kitted up for that, but most of it is the big porcelains. i suppose i can cut the porcs on my wet cutter, but that's a bit slow.
and thanks for the offer bri, but this job doesn't start for another 2 weeks, and may yet get put back further. problems with the plasterers and steel there holding everything up. havent heard that combo before. normally plumbers and sparks dragging their feet.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tool rental in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm getting towards the end of a major renovation that has taken 4+ years so don't...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
O
Hello everybodies! I've decided to sell my wet cutter. Rubi's beast of a machine, The DX 350...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
tilersforums.com recommends Tradetiler Home page for Tiling Tools. TradeTiler.com is the...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB