UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Top Gear delayed until 2013 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

There will be no more Top Gear episodes this year, apart from a Christmas special, according to its presenter Jeremy Clarkson.

Speaking via his Twitter account, Clarkson revealed that, “There’s a rumour in internet land that there will be no more Top Gear this year. I’m afraid that apart from an Xmas Special, it’s true.”

Do you think this is down to Clarkson's gob as of late and complaints or maybe because of the Olympics..?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/9256499/Top-Gear-delayed-until-2013.html

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
After further reading it seems it's down to the XFactor and clash of time slots on a Sunday.

I wish they'd just scrap these singing shows they're all rigged and end up with rubbish singers releasing number 1s for xmas and then never seen again.

Surely the blokes get the TV on that one night and the women can watch the Xfactor all week then if they want to.

Grrrrrr

D

DHTiling

After further reading it seems it's down to the XFactor and clash of time slots on a Sunday.

I wish they'd just scrap these singing shows they're all rigged and end up with rubbish singers releasing number 1s for xmas and then never seen again.

Surely the blokes get the TV on that one night and the women can watch the Xfactor all week then if they want to.

Grrrrrr

Xfactor is on every year and has not affected Top gear ... so why now..?.. do you not think there is more to it..?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Top Gear's ratings have only ever increased year on year. Their shows are not just car related though you're right.

They're self-employed presenters and generally they get away with a lot because they're each individually accountable for what they say. Jeremy being the most outspoken. But it'll never get cancelled because of Jeremy they paid a lot to get him back years ago when they lost him as he couldn't run it how he wanted to.

I think it's a good thing that it's not boring like Fifth Gear that are always just doing reports on the cars and getting a lass put lipstick on while going over bumps to test suspension. Booooring.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Top Gear delayed until 2013 in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Jeremy Clarkson and crew to make a new show to stream on Amazon, I don't know about anyone else...
2 3
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
2012 is undoubtedly the year of the Brit. After the Diamond Jubilee made “British-ness” cool...
Replies
Views
E
Top five regrets of the dying A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.