Discuss Topps sales slide in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com.

P

prceramics

I'm just very shocked that you would say they pay your wages if you can't work. How has this come about?

Do Topps have an installtion service that you work for and if they mess up they cover your down time? I can't think of any reason why they would do this unless you work for them direct?

no mate i do not work for them in any way! They cost me half a day when they mucked up a tile order and paid me half of my day rate i know of another case when they delivered some trav to a customers house which was broken so there tiler had to go home witch they paid the customer the tilers day rate so she could still pay him for his wasted time, they call it a good will gesture.

P

prceramics

they paid me in goods because i had to get loads of bits anyway but i could have had a payment if i liked, the other example i gave got a payment not sure if cash or cheque, i did not kick up a fuss they just offered and the problem was quickly solved not like when i have had problems with another big named tile shop who cost me a days work and never even said sorry, needless to say i never sent another customer to them :)

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I've had a fair relationship with my local topps, consistent prices etc. But my local has just got yet another new manager and he is a .......... I can't really say. He doesn't really believe trade deserve any special deals, and has a total that's the price if you don't want to pay it then jog on. I may have to start going more to my 2nd choice tiledepot, my local now stocks bal, mapei, rubi, sigma, to name a few, so they have stepped it up, and there trade is better than topps now.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Where's that gamma? Bedford? Do they have Sigma in stock?
Yes Bedford, I've not had loads of dealings with them yet but that's changing. They don't hold a massive stock of them, I enquired about a handle for my sigma yesterday which they didn't hold but they called me later on with a price and availability, can't knock that really. If you want sigma stuff ex stock from round hereish then protilertools Northampton stocks them I think.

S

Sigma UK

Yes Bedford, I've not had loads of dealings with them yet but that's changing. They don't hold a massive stock of them, I enquired about a handle for my sigma yesterday which they didn't hold but they called me later on with a price and availability, can't knock that really. If you want sigma stuff ex stock from round hereish then protilertools Northampton stocks them I think.

Tile Depot can order you anything you want and all stores should hold the MAX series in stock. Protilertools holds loads of Sigma products and has everything on display.

Reply to Topps sales slide in the Tile Retail | Tile Buying area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Topps Tiles is slashing staff bonuses and employee hours to cut costs as it battles against...
Replies
Views
Ceramico tiling
C
  • Question
Topps Tiles is to rebrand twelve Tile Clearing House (TCH) stores as Topps Tiles Clearance...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Topps Tiles has announced that co-founder and former CEO, Barry Bester, has sold all his shares...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R
  • Question
Topps Tiles said like-for-like revenues in the 13 weeks to December 29 rose by 1.6 per cent...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Topps Tiles has launched an exciting new competition, which offers trade professionals an online...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB