Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles Flexi rapid green bag, waste of money!!!!! in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

J

Jeff the tiler

Just done 34 metres of floor 60 x 30 porcelain using topps rapid flexi [green bag]. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!!!!!

THIS PRODUCT DOES DRY IN THE TIME IT SAYS under normal conditions.

Product supplied by builder. STILL GREEN AFTER 48 HOURS!!!!

I am here to be proven wrong but this is the second time i have used this adhesive and both times the same result. NO WAY is it RAPID set !!!!! TOPPS should come back on to this site and tell us what is going on.

I am happy to buy the product prove them wrong and then get them to re-inburse me for the down time this causes.
:ban:

J

Jeff the tiler

By the way just thought I would add, I was so annoyed i sent the builder back to get an explanation. Manager said there are no issues so the builder googled to see and, there you go loads of posts and, post on this forum about it not setting up.!!! Manager had no answer and never heard of a problem with it!! Look we do not work in a constant 67.5 degree bubble where everything sets as it should, we work on refurbishments, sites etc where the majority of time there is no heating. This was a great little job, thought I would use it to test the raimondi levelling pegs [which I will post photo's of and review over the next couple of days].

Dave, bubblecraft spot on with product.

I just want to see if anyone from Topps marketing reviews this site, and is prepared to meet the challenge.

Hey Topps we are regular potential customers not retail customers perhaps coming to you once in in every 3 to 5 years. Raise to the challenge and prove me wrong

R

Rookery

You're comments are based on the assumption that Topps know anything about tiling. They dont by and large.
I imagine years ago a conversation went like this:
Topps - "Can you make us an adhesive and put our name on the bag??
Palace - "Yes, here it is. It'll be £x a bag".
Topps - "Hmmm thats too dear, can you make it cheaper?"
Palace - "Yes we can put more sand and stuff in it. That'll be £x a bag".
Topps - "Thats a bit better but still too dear".
Palace - OK we've cut the formulation down a bit more, it'll be £x a bag".
Topps - "OK we'll take it".
Just my imagination of course. You can enhance/adapt the tale to your liking. :smoking:

S

SJPurdy

A few months ago i reported to my local Topps that the batch of grey rapid SPF they were selling was not setting any faster than normal "slow set". They could only comment that they sold lots of it and no other customer had complained! I was informed by a reliable source (who buys palate loads) that the Palace own brand fast set was also not setting as fast as expected. I've been using Weber since as it's been on 25kg for the price of 20kg and i really like the low dust feature so much that I may stick with it when the offer ends.
Steve

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I always thought it was my imagination that the toppfix spf rapid white and grey set at different times. The grey sets really quick whilst the white is more like slow set. If I could get Weber at a good price I would definitely buy it. Anyone know where in Ruislip I can buy Weber adhesive at a good price? The nearest CTD is 15 miles away. I would buy a pallet, but not with the weather turning for the worst!

I

Ian

I always thought it was my imagination that the toppfix spf rapid white and grey set at different times. The grey sets really quick whilst the white is more like slow set. If I could get Weber at a good price I would definitely buy it. Anyone know where in Ruislip I can buy Weber adhesive at a good price? The nearest CTD is 15 miles away. I would buy a pallet, but not with the weather turning for the worst!

I have a 50 mile round trip to get my weber addy, well worth it, just buy 40 bags at a time.

Reply to Topps Tiles Flexi rapid green bag, waste of money!!!!! in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

B
  • Question
The wife wants to renew kitchen wall and floor tiles and we have been looking for a few weeks...
Replies
Views
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
  • Question
Well troops my move to Woodford Green, Essex was successful (for those of who remember). I got...
Replies
Views
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
J
Hey all. I said I would post my experience using Raimondi floor levelling pegs. Got a complete...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles Flexi rapid green bag, waste of money!!!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond