Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

T

T & P

Is it just my local Topps Tiles or does this apply everywhere. I went to set up a trade card/account and Topps told me I had to make a couple of purchases and then on the third visit they would let me buy trade. They told me that this applied at all there branches and was company policy. It that right? There are plenty of other tiling shop round by me and I don't know whether to bother with Topps.

S

shane176

I had a topps account opened 2 yrs back...got full wack straight away..only opened it as i needed to order a certain product and only topps sold it...i never used them for a while after that till i needed the same product again..discount had been reduced....???..i asked why and was told it works on how often you use your account....so unless YOU work for topps how can you know what each store does,,?????..

I went off what i was given ...so you can't say NO U DON'T unless you know ALL stores do it..:ninja:

okay maybe u did get 50% straight away, but when u register u only get 10-15% then when u purchase more an more the manager has the option to give u full wak discount, u must have got lucky when u opened up your account, i also work at topps the traders that use us frequently we give them below trade, uve just got to sweeten up the manager,:smilewinkgrin:

S

shane176

well when u get some traders in not buying our gear and come in from time to time expecting us to give them work, when we havent seen them for weeks we ask em where they get their materials from due to not seeing em and they reply with "some local retailer" of theirs who r cheaper, so y should we throw work their way,
so for the traders who actually buy from us we give them work and help them out with a bit of cheap materials:hurray:

M

mags

well when u get some traders in not buying our gear and come in from time to time expecting us to give them work, when we havent seen them for weeks we ask em where they get their materials from due to not seeing em and they reply with "some local retailer" of theirs who r cheaper, so y should we throw work their way,
so for the traders who actually buy from us we give them work and help them out with a bit of cheap materials:hurray:

You dont exactly encourage new tilers to buy from you though , I can get better discounts at a number of companies who are all retailing abut the same price.

I bought my first two jobs worth of tiles and addy from Topps, I asked them to take my cards and dish them out. Next time I went in my cards had disappeared (1 week later) and I have had no calls from them at all.:thumbsdown:.

A

amerville

Regrettably, we spend some £3000 on bathroom and kitchen floor and wall tiles which they were not prepared to deliver so we had to pay extra for a courier and their head office customer service were of no help. When we complained, instead of making amends to show good client focus, the branch they made numerous statements that were of bad faith [not truthful]. In the future, we would go and look elsewhere for tiles and as a last resort, if totally desperate, we'll look at Topps tiles

A

Angel da Silva

You dont exactly encourage new tilers to buy from you though , I can get better discounts at a number of companies who are all retailing abut the same price.

I bought my first two jobs worth of tiles and addy from Topps, I asked them to take my cards and dish them out. Next time I went in my cards had disappeared (1 week later) and I have had no calls from them at all.:thumbsdown:.

Unfortunately it's which store you go to. Some guys that work for topps are brilliant and thats what make the traders stay with us. It always annoys me when I hear about how craply some traders have been treated by certain stores. It's much the same with us in store, you learn who you can ask for stock and help with stock, and who you cant. Working with Topps for almost three years now and the amount of times I hear traders moan about customer service makes me wanna bang my head against the wall. :mad2:
I know I go out of my way for traders, at the end of the day they're where our majority footfall comes from and if you treat them well they often come back.
As for the cards, my manager goes through it now and again, those who we haven't seen in a long while he tends to bin the cards and replace them with ones who visit regularly. At the end of the day its all about the business relationship you build with the manager/staff of the store, and if there is no relationship then there is no reason for the cards to be there. It's unfortunate but its business.

As for the prices we do have a price match policy - proof of price given (as long as it's not online only company) we are able to match the price and give an extra 5% off of that, every manager can do this for our traders as long as we follow the policy

Angel x

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Some of the threads in the tiling forum that have had a lot of views are being bumped up into current discussion. Just walk on by if it's not your flavour right now. Perhaps it'll help somebody out one day, and they become members, and then they post a thread, and professional tilers respond, and then you learn something from them...? Maybe?

Reply to Topps Tiles in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. I am new to all this so apologies if I have posted in the wrong area. My bathroom is...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm looking for some advice from the experts and hope you can help. I've just had a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a topps tiles opened near me, probably the only tile shop in a 50 mile radius (excluding...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Topps Tiles
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond