Discuss Training where's best? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

JLM Tiling

Hello mucker and welcome to the forum!! I was in the same boat as you about a year ago, was a stonemason and had done my five years at college doing wet trades so I had done a bit of tiling and had enjoyed it. Anyways after one too many freezing cold winters in the middle of a field with a pile of rocks and a drawing i though to myself hey there's gotta be more to life than this! And as a typical builder I thought tiling was easy! So so wrong! But as a venture that one can fairly simply get set up as a one man band it seemed a good choice. Anyways as for training I was with Diamond but two weeks in we turned up on monday morning to find the guy had packed up shop and done a runner! With a couple of grand of my money! That was a bad morning even by monday standards! Anyways got on the phone to Able Skills. They were top about the whole situation and let me do the last four weeks of the six week course in fact i was in their accomodation that very night and in the workroom tuesday morning. They are very good, no doubt about it. It's sometimes hard to get as much face time with Max and Terry the two instructors because it is quite busy but there's a reason why they're busy! Its very go go go with the stuff you do and I felt like I was getting to try everything I needed to. I left the place feeling incredibly confident with myself and my skills and I felt like I knew everything! Then I checked this site out and realised that on the theory side I knew about 5%! They do focus on the hand skills which makes sense, you can learn the theory in your own time. Personally I'd recommend the six week course, you cover everything and it'll take you that long to get up to speed with your hand skills. and you need to be good before you start charging lets face it. So yeah check them out, like I said top company, top instructors and the tea and coffee is free! And seriously get into reading stuff on this site, its helped me out so many times, i'd be lost without it. So much information on here it is unreal! I now spend far too much time just trawling through the threads to find out more! The missus hates it! Anyway mucker you're in the right place, its a good start, all the best to you

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Training where's best? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use...
Replies
Views
Hello, first post, asking about career change and possible entry route into the industry. I know...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi there, hoping for some help here. I am about to install a small (2.2x2.5m approx) area of...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Training where's best?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.