Discuss Trav onto a new screed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kev

Got about 25m of trav 600x400 going down soon, one part of the room is old existing screed and one part is a new screed floor, laid last weekend, there is a wet ufh system in the new screed,i plan to use ditra over the whole area, obviously with spf, but my main worry is how long should i leave the screed to dry before fixing?
Am i rite in thinking i dont have to wait more than about 4 weeks because im using the ditra over the whole lot or does that make no difference?
I believe the screed is about 100 mm.

cheers lads.

kev

K

kev

Yes i believe it has... basically the job was already screeded ages ago, but there was a major problem with it, without going into huge detail, it didnt go off as it should, so the suppliers came out, checked it and low and behold, next to no cement in it!, anyway they accepted liability and its all been removed and relaid, this time with a proper mix i'm sure.
Just the customer now wants their floor finished asap. I told them 4 weeks but that i would check to confirm

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
Hi Kev

If you are planning on laying on a wet screed, it normally has to be a minimum of 7 days old, then you can use a green screed adhesive (2 part) to stick the ditra down with such as Weber rapid set mixed with a 5l bottle neat of AD250 acrylic, then you can use a spf adhesive over the top to fix the tiles (white preferable). And I would defo recommend an expansion joint in silicon over the adjoining old and new screed.:thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
there should be a full depth isolation joint in the screed where the heated meets the unheated area. This should be preformed and compressible to allow the heated area to expand and contract because the heated screed will expand under thermal loading against the unheated screed. Ditra is not designed to replace expansion joints and as the joint in the screed is already not correctly formed I think to not place a joint in the tile face would be to invite problems in the future.

Reply to Trav onto a new screed? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Morning all, I have been given the opportunity to quote for a 110m floor in a chevron pattern...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, after some advice way in advance. We are currently extending arvoss Backnof our house...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Trav onto a new screed?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.