Discuss Travertine fixing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

ds1980

Picture 022.jpg Picture 021.jpg Picture 023.jpg

amateurs work. Wickes special!!!!

S

sstocky

OK update on floor. So far so good. Didnt need to get a "professional" did it all myself with a start from the FIL. Probably the easiest floor i've ever laid in fact. Ive only done 4! Tiles were soft but i had none snap or break. Took me quite a while so as far as i can see a professional stone layer would do the job quicker but certainly not any better?

Obviously time will tell but ive been jumping around on them to no ill effect! Looking forward to sealing and grouting but did a couple to start with under the toilet and under some boxing im doing and it was fine.

Thanks for all the help but if any of the pro's want a hand call the amateur!

Ha

oh yeh forgot to mention my trav 20x20 was £3.96 a square metre! Bargain!

Will post pics soon!

£3.96 a m2!!!!

How is it looking now - any changes?

Im looking at Topps and they are £2.35 + vat per tile (400 sq) - say 6 tiles per m2 is roughly £17 m2!!

R

Rich

I have to agree with the guys above. These things were recommended because they would have given you the best installation possible. The heating company will not be any good to you if they are called back.

As above, hope it stays down :smilewinkgrin:

P.S Have you had the UFH on yet? If not, you must leave it a min of 2 weeks after it is grouted and then turned up no more than 5 degrees per 24 hours.

D

ds1980

I was only thinking of this thread the other day and thought i must update with photos etc, i will hopefully when i get chance....been so long now i cant remember what we did in the end. UFH been on all winter. it comes on about 4 hours a day. Tiles are unbelievable i thionk for what we paid. Wet area has had no problems and had knee surgery not long ago so have been using it regularly twice a day. Dont really know what all the fuss was to be honest. Obviously time will tell but fingers crossed its been absolutely fine and im pretty sure will continue that way for many years. Oh forgot to mention that any problems now is insurances problem......" it was here when we got here mate" ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Travertine fixing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

After some advice please..... We have approx. 50sq m of Dijon limestone 600 x 90 x15mm and also...
Replies
Views
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house...
Replies
Views
Heeelp!!! I've seen some old posts about this but nothing recently. I have 120sqm travertine...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Travertine fixing
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.