Discuss Travertine floor help please! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

chrissyboy71

Hi all,
I've got a 10m2 travertine floor to install in a kitchen. There are currently ceramic tiles laid and client has told me these are laid on top of quarry tiles.
She wants me, if possible, to lay the travertine on top of the quarry. I know that this isn't advisable and have told her but she is quite insistant.
Has anyone here had experience of laying Travertine on top of quarry tiles? If they do turn out to be well fixed when I take up the ceramics, would you advise laying a latex screed on top of quarries first.
Many thanks for any help anyone can give.:thumbsup:

C

chrissyboy71

She is worried about having a floor to walk on when I take the tiles up apparantly??? She reckons the guy that laid the ceramics told her the floor was sound and she was happy for him to tile over the quarries. The ceramics have been down a number of years with no problem. I think shes just worried if the quarries come up as well there will be loads more prep to the sub floor and therefore more money! The house is about 100 years old so not really sure what is underneath the quarries regarding damp proofing?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine floor help please! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB