Guest viewing is limited

Discuss travertine floor help pls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

joanne

Hi guys,

I've registered on here to ask for your help.

I've recently had a travertine floor laid and 2 wks later large holes have started to appear through out. I bought the tiles independently and had a professional tiler lay them.

I've since found out that travertine does have holes which need to be filled with filler which we did for the first couple now there are around 50 50 pence piece size holes. The company have said they will replace the tiles but not pay for the re laying, up take or removal of the original tiles.

Where do we stand and i as a self employed business persmyself would of thiought that this would be common practise to foot the whole re fit etc bill. We have used this particular company for many years for supplies for mine and my fathers business and have recommened this company to many others.

Any advice would be greatly recieved.

Thanks

J

joanne

Hi,

The suppliers at first told me that this is what travertine does but they did not tell me this at the time of purchase, since then they have been out to look and agree the will replace the tiles as they aren't any good ! We wouldn't have bought the travertine if this was put to our attention first.

Yes we did see the tiler lay the floor and he put ply wood sheets own all over our floor boards and then laid them with a certain adhesive but couldn't say what sorry.

thanks joanne

S

Saltire69

I just thoght i'd add it's not actually the already filled part of the travertine where the holes are appearing it's the bits that are actually supposed to be solid. Hope that makes sense.

It sounds as though they haven't been back skimmed and filled from what you are saying here. If they had been this would not happen as the trav would have no where to go if solid bed fixing.

Reply to travertine floor help pls in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
travertine floor help pls
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.