Discuss Travertine floor tiles help/advice in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazebo

Hi all,

I did post a question similar to this a while ago and now the time has come to tile and i would like a little more advice if any of you good people could help.

I have 200x100mm travertine floor tiles which are to be laid onto a 10sqm wooden floor area which has been ply lined with 18mm then has 'clima' insulation boards fitted then 'clima heat mat' (customer got it all from screwfix). There has been a latex levelling compound put over the heat mat by the builder and now its my turn to tile.
What should i do next and which addy/grout to use.below i listed what i think i should do but please correct me if i am wrong or there is a better way.

1.prime latex with Bal apd.
2.lay ditra matting using Bal spf (should i use rapid flexi for this)
3.Seal tiles with Lithofin or .???(do i seal top and sides or just top.?)
Fix tiles to matting with white Bal spf(or should i use Rapid flex for this also.?) what is the best trowel to use for this size tile etc.?
4.do i need to prime ditra matting prior to laying tiles.
5.Seal tiles again before grouting .???
6. Grout with Bal micro or superflex, or ultracolor plus.?
7 seal again after grouting.???
8 should i be using a 3mm spacer for the flooring.
9 Any tips hints would be lovely....

I am also putting these tiles onto the walls which have been lined with marmox in shower area and a mixture of lime plastered walls and normal plasterboard in other areas. only going upto height of approx 1.2m outside of area so what should i be priming and what addy can i use...is white star ok on the walls or should i use Bal spf.?

cheers for reading this and hopefully giving me some advice.
Gary

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine floor tiles help/advice in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB