Discuss Travertine floor tiles! Help please! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

J

julesmarket

Have read a lot of the messages and understand that these tiles can be problematic and that basically you get what you pay for! :smilewinkgrin:
We had samples and a very smart brochure from Floors of Stone in Loughborough but the tiles were as little as £19.00 per sqm! We haven't found any other for less than twice this price!
Any thoughts/experience of this supplier?
Does anyone in the South West of England have any experience of a supplier of Travertine and preferably one they can recommend!! Most appreciate any help!! :thumbsup: Thanks!

T

Time's Ran Out

PHG gets some good plugs on the forum - I'll give them a try.

But who else is recommended as a supplier of quality travertine at a good price? Always a good idea to get a couple of comparitive quotes..

Nick

:welcome:Nick - as a sponsor they deserve support from members who trust their advice/service and knowledge. One can only recommend services that you find of benefit to others.
To enjoy a long standing business relationship all the above are more important than price.:smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Dave, what do you think a 'good price' is for a good quality Travertine? I see everything from £15.00 to £50.00 m2 and from the descriptions, you'd think it was all the same!

A minefield unless you've seen a range of qualities over the years, I guess...

As Bri has said a high price does not dictate a good travertine.. imo a low low price will..:)

Usually though 30 to 40 pound w ill get a good 600x400 ivory travertine or other types.. it i s when they start to tumble or brush finish the surface that the price will increase..

T

Time's Ran Out

They send you a sample 100x100mm and expect you to buy from that!
The cost of the bathroom could be from 3-15k and you'll make your choice from a stamp that has been taken from a tile produced 3 years ago and from a part of the quarry that was long exhausted.
You can't go wrong at £15-00 because it will be poor quality, but poor quality at £40-00 is avoidable by using a recommended supplier.
Unless you physically go and check the stock, save your money.

On a more positive note - I often think that some fillers in cheaper Travertine enhance what can often be a bland background, and as long as the material is well fixed, can produce the 'wow' factor. 1289914703844.jpg

Reply to Travertine floor tiles! Help please! in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi, it's my first time here and I'm desperate to solve this problem. Can someone please tell me...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Can someone please help ID this floor tile? These are 13"x13", the back is stamped with the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’ve a fairly basic question I thinks, hope someone can help me out with. I’m...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB