Discuss Travertine - removing polish residue? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blazin-saddles

Hi, looking for a little help please

I've started a travertine job today, 40m2 of 600x400 honed and filled supplied by customer.

The tiles have arrived and look nice quality but have residue and marks that look to be left over from the polishing process?? I've tried HG cement and grout film remover with warm water and scrubbing brush. Any other ideas?? Is it just a case of elbow grease or is there another product I can try?

I'm used to slate/terracotta etc and the techniques involved but not had to fit travertine before.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

D

DHTiling

Hi, looking for a little help please

I've started a travertine job today, 40m2 of 600x400 honed and filled supplied by customer.

The tiles have arrived and look nice quality but have residue and marks that look to be left over from the polishing process?? I've tried HG cement and grout film remover with warm water and scrubbing brush. Any other ideas?? Is it just a case of elbow grease or is there another product I can try?

I'm used to slate/terracotta etc and the techniques involved but not had to fit travertine before.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Marks..? Have you got any pics... Don't gotget though Honed travertine is dull and not a very smooth surface.. it is honed so will feel different.

B

Blazin-saddles

Hi, thanks for the replys.

Sorry, not got a photo at mo can try and post one tomorrow.

There is a White residue, I'd call it a bloom on the face of most of the tiles that seems to wash off but some, say 1/4 of them have circular swirl marks on them, I'd assumed from a rotary polisher or cutter. I've since found out he only paid £15 per m2, I guess they could just be poor quality?

Re honed once layed? What does that involve?

Basically I can sort the best ones out but need to use them up obviously... Customer is away on Holiday until Monday.

Will I be ok to lay them and then sort them out afterwards???

Why are jobs never straight forward these days!!

Reply to Travertine - removing polish residue? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, Please help me. Really having a nightmare here. Just moved into a new house and the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here and I need some desperate help. Recently got my dad to tile my kitchen...
Replies
Views
Help! I have Victorian quarry tiles laid on dirt. I’ve just spent days cleaning them first with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have had both polished and matt textured wood effect tiles laid in my house and am having...
Replies
Views
Good Evening, Kicking myself here, I’ve recently fitted some mosaic travertine tiles around the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Travertine - removing polish residue?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.