Discuss Travertine in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alison

Hi all,

I am keen to have honed and filled travertine in my bathroom (35m2 - floor to ceiling and boxed round the bath) at present I have new plasterboard (12mm) on each wall and plywood to floor.

I have since read that this will not be strong enough and not waterproof!!

So do I rip it off and put backer board on, if so how thick and do I put it on the floor??

After the backer board can it be tiled then or does it need sealing or membrane or something else?

Tile size approx 400 x 600mm

I am not sure whether to get a complete bathroom installer (I am concerned they may not know all that entails with travertine weight, sealing etc)

Or do I just forget the above and get a tiler to deal with it then a plumber to do the rest??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Travertine in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After living in my property for over 7 years I've recently discovered the type of tile...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I will soon be installing the Wunda EPS 400 UFH boards in my own kitchen, approx 50m2...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB