Discuss tricky cuts in 12mm ceramic floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

For the sink and toilet, you will be way better to remove them and tile underneath instead of cutting around them. Actually cutting the cermaic tiles for this isn't hard but getting the shape right can be, if you must cut around them.

As for door frames, try cutting the bottom of the frame off just slightly wider than your tile/adhesive thickness and slide your "L" cut tile underneath.

W

woodie

hi there i'm with grumpy all the way, preferably remove the china or use a paer template the same size as your tile, as for the door frames i usually put a piece of cardboard from the tile box on the floor piece of tile on top face down and lay my saw flat and cut away. awkward shapes i rarely use a wet cutter i use my 110v angle grinder with a diamond blade you can cut all shapes with that :20:

D

Deleted member 1779

It is true that some loo pans cant be lifted.....

toilet_bathroom.jpg

D

doral

Thank you all for your replies.
I will have to look into how to remove the sink and toilet, i don't know if i could do it myself.
Removing the bottom of the doorframes is something that i will do that will make things a lot easier.
As is making templates if i can't remove the sink and toilet.
I can also borrow a mini grinder and will have a go at my cuts with that.
Again thank you for your help

D

doug boardley

if there's no isolators on your potware,now is a good opportunity to do so! if you template round you are stuck with your toilet and pedestal until you decide to re tile again, very improbable (imo) that you would get same potware with the same footprint. As for around door frames, either remove architraves and refit after tiling or place packers under a tile to finished floor level and take bottom of architraves off with a handsaw. Good luck!

P

Protiler999

You can always use a a piece of plumbers solder and mold to the shape of the loo base etc, then use this as template. I find this a bit easy than paper.
BUt try both and see what does it for you ?

Nige
sounds like a clever little technique, will try it out next time

- - - Updated - - -

You can always use a a piece of plumbers solder and mold to the shape of the loo base etc, then use this as template. I find this a bit easy than paper.
BUt try both and see what does it for you ?

Nige
sounds like a clever little technique, will try it out next time

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to tricky cuts in 12mm ceramic floor tiles in the Best Floor Tiles area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone knows what the thin web-like coating on Harmony Nador tiles is made of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB