Discuss Truscreed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Just been to look at a 20m2 wetroom/changing room/bathroom combo.
Screed went down on 10th Dec and got the owner to dig out the delivery note to help me identify the screed which is tarmacs Truscreed.
She said it went down pretty much dry and was then compacted with a machine.
Looks nice and flat and seems to have lots of reinforcing fibres/polymers in it. Not sure of depth but appears to over a DPM.
Wondering what prep work is involved - will be 60x60 porcs. Do I treat like a sand/cement screed or is it more involved?
Anything to watch out for for this type of screed etc...
Ta very much

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I thought I would amuse Alan ( Ajax) :smilewinkgrin: , I have never abraded a sand and cement floor, just clean it from dirt...plaster and other builders mess then prime and tile.

Well..... We are not amused.... :) to be fair though very few sand cement screeds get abraded even though the advice is that they should. Yes truscreed is Tarmac building products branded sand cement screed so treat it as such.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Truscreed in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hello, This is my first posting on a forum so firstly I hope I'm in the right one. This may be...
Replies
Views
A&D Tilers
A
R
Good morning all. Went to look at a job yesterday where they are having the nu heat Lo Pro 10...
Replies
Views
rj1884
R
Hi guys and girls, Wanted to get a couple of opinions. I recently done a couple of bathroom...
Replies
Views
I
Hi All, Been having a bit of a headache about tiling outdoors and posted a number of threads...
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
R
great forum people almost to much information to read! Anyway i would very much appreciate some...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB