Discuss Opinions please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Still don't get the problem ali, can not find,even with your explanation ,a problem occurring with a thicker/fibre screed .
But if its not to speck, and the builder has oked it, i wouldnt bother with getting involved.
I had a builder the other month, main contractor , he knew better than EVERY tradesman in the build, they are all tossers, leave them to it and don't worry about it.
Its nothing to do with you ali, you will do more damage to your rep 'grassing' than a floor which will most prob be fine for years

T

TJ Smiler

I think that although the way it has been done is not 100% to spec that it would be fine, not that i would ever question what Schulter recommends but i also (same as Widler) can't see what the problem is with how it's been done. If you had been able to get your hands on it from the off then i would have certainly done it the way Schulter suggests but you gave your advice and you was ignored and they chose someone else who would do it there way so i would just leave it there mate, your conscience is clear that you advised the 'correct' installation for that situation....

Builders always no best anyway!!!!

I am with many of the others Ali.
But I would also consider not telling them, because if something goes wrong and they approach the builder... They might draw you into it (Then your the bad guy in the builders eyes)
But as you said, honestly is the best policy... Had decision really

I think that although the way it has been done is not 100% to spec that it would be fine, not that i would ever question what Schulter recommends but i also (same as Widler) can't see what the problem is with how it's been done. If you had been able to get your hands on it from the off then i would have certainly done it the way Schulter suggests but you gave your advice and you was ignored and they chose someone else who would do it there way so i would just leave it there mate, your conscience is clear that you advised the 'correct' installation for that situation....

Builders always no best anyway!!!!

In 2 cases I have come across, architects always no best too ...!

T

TJ Smiler

In 2 cases I have come across, architects always no best too ...!

Had a smarmy architect come to a bathroom a few weeks ago, she asked me why one cut to one side of the wall was different to the other, i told her it was because i had centered the tiles according to the window and that if i had centred them according to the walls they would have had a 25mm cut running up the side of the window. She said i always thought that tilers centered all there tiles according to the walls...... I replied that i always thought an architect would have thought about the tiling before you installed the window where you have and centered it according to the width of the room and the size of tile being used to ensure a perfect Finnish. Funny, she never answered me.....but the chippy thought it was funny :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Velta do a similar system with insulated egg box type panels. Fitted lads of them in the past. Very
large rooms with 80mm of sand And cement screed. Been back to one recently to sort a plumbing problem. Its 12 years old with no probs.
dont get involved! It is not been done exactly to current manufacturers instructions, but will probably be fine.
if it isn't then thats the builders problem.

they do but the bekotech tech has been designed specifically for thin screeds that will crack and stabilise. It's then designed to be overlaid with ditra and tiles. In this instance the screed is not thin and as such has become a standard floating screed just like any other screed on insulation. The fact if has no joints in leaves it vulnerable....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Opinions please in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

M
Hi everyone I have two external balconys that need refurbishment as leaking, The maintenance...
Replies
Views
mike111
M
Hello stars of the tiling world, hope everyone is well, been a while since i posted on here...
Replies
Views
N
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
O
Replies
Views
oldgit
O
hi all i would appreciate opinions on a job that i thought was going to be a nice bathroom to...
2 3
Replies
Views
bugs183
B
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB