Discuss Trying to rip us off or incompetent.........you decide!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

both incompetant and jobs too small to charge for so bump it to justify the cost

just picked the pug 205 up from its 80k service and belt change, had to get price down from over 500 to 350 , phone rang constantly while they had the car, this needs doing and that needs doing, ok make a list and ill get it done , meantime do the service and belt change as arranged

my duchess was in tears as she thought the motor was a wreck and too dangerous to drive, I had to reassure her that the parts had worn consistant with an 80k mileage and was nothing to worry about

G

Gazzer

I reckon there are bad and good in this world.
A few years back I moved away from main dealers due to them charging me almost £70 to replace a numberplate bulb !! with the excuse that it was triggering a fault on the alarm and it was so expensive because they needed to hook it up to the diagnostic computer to reset the system......As it was it made no difference to the alarm. I found out later through an internet search that the problem was the battery had gone in the power sounder.
Next I tried an independant garage, after a service with them they suggested getting my timing belt changed ASAP as it was coming up to the mileage interval. I just looked at him in disbelief and told him it didnt have a belt, it was a chain !! We had words for a few minutes and he then backed down saying that he got confused and thought it was a petrol engine ( Its a diesel ) . I then asked if the service they had done was for a diesel or petrol engine ? I was asked to leave the premises...as it was when I got the invoice , low and behold....Spark plugs !!!! I kicked a big fuss up and refused to pay , after a few minutes he just told me to go.
I never did pay and took the car to another garage who said that they had changed the oil and filter but not the air filter or a fuel filter.
So I have now found a decent garage that does actually do what they say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
To be honest I like to give the benefit of the doubt to anybody. But I'd have said the fuse would be the first (probably only) place I'd check, I'm not mechanically minded when it comes to engines but fuses I can check. lol

My mates does all my servicing and I just pay for parts. I'd trust him with my house keys mind, so generally get a perfect job unless there are problems he didn't see or I didn't mention/explain about.

Reply to Trying to rip us off or incompetent.........you decide!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Sealing Moisture resistant plasterboard Hi I am new here, I have been reading through many of...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a bit of an issue. Had some tiles laid down, and the builder put Antinox Handy...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Trying to rip us off or incompetent.........you decide!!!!!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.